Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Meal Plan

Welcome to September! Wow. It doesn't seem possible that we are entering the last third of this year. Fall will be in full swing before we know it, and then the holiday season... Yikes. How about for right now we just enjoy September? :-)

As I admitted in this post, I've been pretty bad at following through with meal planning the last few months. I'm 5 months pregnant and the truth is other things have taken priority over meal-planning. All my slacking has accomplished though is shooting myself in the foot, since without a plan it is a bazillion times harder to put dinner on the table *nearly* every night.

So, I took some time and kicked out a plan for September. The month promises to be a busy one, and I want to be ready!

September Meal Plan

Click here for a printable list or here for the Pinterest Board

Main Dishes

Tacos / Taco Salads (See this post for taco seasoning)
Chili & Cornbread
Hamburger Soup* & Butter Dip Biscuits
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
"Bourbon" Chicken & Rice
Homemade Pizza
Mexican Stuffed Shells
Venison Stir Fry & Rice
Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
Poppy Seed Chicken
Venison & Gravy over Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese*
Sausage & Potato Bake

Sides & Extras

Blueberry Muffins
Banana Bread
French Bread (bread machine)
Cornbread
Butter Dip Biscuits
Yellow Squash Casserole
Broccoli Casserole
Fresh Apple Cake

Labor Day Picnic

Tortellini & Pepperoni Salad 
Snickerdoodle Bars
Hot dogs, buns, drinks, chips

*These recipes can be found in this printable.

Note:
Not all main dishes or sides  have links. Sorry! The truth of the matter is that a lot of these things I either make from the BH&G cookbook, or I make them without a recipe. For example, broccoli or squash casserole is pretty much the veggies, chopped and half-cooked in the microwave, and then topped with cheese and buttered cracker crumbs and baked for however long it takes till they are tender. Stir fry is made with whatever meat and veggies I have, and I follow the instructions on the Kikkoman bottle. See? I wing it. But if you have ANY questions about a particular item there is no recipe for, please comment or contact me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment