Friday, September 28, 2012

October Menu Planning

How is it nearly October already?

Yikes.

After two complete months of menu planning, I think I've finally "honed" my technique. I've realized that I really only need to fix about 10 different meals, and we can eat leftovers the rest of the time.

We've tried some new recipes decided to keep them in the permanent rotation, and we've also found some that we will never make again.

Another thing to note is that we've started a once-a-month Bible study at our house, so I have the food from that night to factor into my monthly plan.

So, here is my meal list for October. With what I had on hand already, the grocery bill was just over $100 (and that included some baby food, stuff for lunches, and water bottles!). One thing that we saved money on this month was switching from already-frozen chicken breasts to fresh chicken breasts in a club pack. (Not only is it cheaper per pound, but I found a few that were marked down too). All I have to do is prepare them for the freezer myself, and we will literally eat the savings!!

October Meal List
Click here for the Monthly Meal List
Click here for the Full Recipes with Instructions

Main Dishes:
Poppy Seed Chicken
Mexican Chicken
Crockpot Lasagna
Mexican Stuffed Shells
Mini Taco Pizzas
Homemade Pizzas
Venison Steaks
Hamburger Soup
Macaroni & Cheese (with tiny shell pasta)
Chicken & Vegetable Stir-fry

Sides & Desserts
Apple Crisp
Cinnamon Sugar Quick bread
Pumpkin Bread
Parmesan Knots
Parmesan Pull-Aparts
Homemade French Bread
Green Bean Casserole
Fresh Salads
White Rice
Frozen Corn

Once-A-Month Bible Study:
Chicken & Vegetable Chowder
Homemade French Bread
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies



I want to leave you all with an image to help keep things in perspective as the holiday season approaches, and our lives get slightly crazier and busier... 







2 comments: