Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beginnings


Greetings! My recent addiction to Pinterest has made me realize that anyone and everyone can have a blog these days, so why not me? Don’t get too excited, there probably won’t be any earth-shattering posts on here. This is just a place for me to share some of my ideas about organizing, cooking, and DIY projects. I love browsing the web for new ideas to put into practice in my own home.

Now, a little bit about me. (On the off-chance that someone unrelated stumbles upon this blog, which isn’t likely, but who knows!) My name is Laura and the Hubby (5 years and counting!) and I have a bouncing baby boy, henceforth known as Munchkin. I work full-time from home for a publishing company and spend my spare time (Ha!) trying to find ways to keep the household organized, looking great, well-fed, and on a budget. 

I guess some might call me OCD, but I prefer to call it organized.

I’ve always enjoyed organizing things. Even when I was little I was constantly rearranging things in my room, either for fun or to make better use of space. Now that I’m all grown up I have a whole house to play with! Endless spaces to organize. It can be daunting at times. Add taking care of the Munchkin and the Hubby into the mix, and the last thing I want to do is housework. We all need a little motivation to do the “dirty” work. My motivation is having things tidy, organized, and visually appealing.

Now, what works for me won’t work for everyone. The important thing is to find out what works best for you and your family. Hopefully some of my ramblings will get you thinking about ways to make things a little more organized in your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment