Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November Meal "Plan" and 10K Views


Welcome to November! So, I'm a *few* days behind, and November is already well underway. But today IS 11-12-13, which is still pretty cool.

Know what else is pretty cool? Milestones. Such as hitting 10,000 total blog views, which is exactly what happened this afternoon. So thank you to all my readers (which I am sure is just family and friends plus a few wanderers).

Anyway, on to the reason for this post ... I'm not putting together a meal plan for this month, for several reasons.

1.) We were gifted over half a bushel of potatoes last month, and I'm still working through using them up.
2.) Since my husband hunts, November is the month to clean out the freezer in anticipation of fresh venison coming in later on.

But you can be sure that I will be making these for Thanksgiving week --


Instead of planning out new things to make this month, I'm cleaning out the freezer and pantry to make the most of what we've already got on hand. I'm sure we will eat crock-pot venison and potatoes in several variations nearly every night (which Hubby tells me is OK with him!).

In addition to the Thanksgiving holiday food costs, the Munchkin's birthday is this month, and what is a party without food and cake?

I don't know if I will be posting anything between now and December, so I wish you all a safe and happy holiday, filled with good food and good company!


No comments:

Post a Comment